In an Instagram Reel posted on Thursday, the Bachelor Nation star, her fiancé Alex Kavanaugh, and their newborn are seen making their way from their home in Little Rock, Arkansas, to Hawaii for a fun family vacation.
Lesley — who runs a popular travel blog called “The Road Les Traveled” — doled out 10 useful pieces of advice for new parents who are thinking about taking a trip with their little one.
1. Get to the airport early.
2. Remember a change of clothes for you and baby.
3. Feed on takeoff and landing.
4. Check your stroller for free or gate-check for ease.
5. Remember the essentials in case of emergency.
6. If baby cries, don’t panic.
7. Ask the airline or flight attendants about a bassinet.
8. Take laps around the plane for stimulation.
9. Make good friends with the flight attendants. They’ll give baby her first wings!
10. Then celebrate. You did it!
Lesley’s informative post comes days after she made an appearance on the “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast. Conversely, Lesley imparted her expertise on how to travel solo during her interview with Becca Kufrin and guest co-host Catherine Lowe.
“I think you are more apt to meet people by yourself than if you’re traveling with friends or family because you’re by yourself,” she said. “If you’re with a friend, you’re going to be talking amongst the two of you guys, so I think it’s a great jumping-off point to meet new people.”
Lesley added that America’s national parks are a great place to start for those in search of an independent getaway.
“[Glacier National Park] is still probably at the top of my list for a U.S.-based destination,” she noted. “Montana is so hot right now because it is so beautiful outdoors. All the national parks are having a moment with [the COVID-19 pandemic] right now — especially because Americans can’t go too far outside the borders. So, I would say [go to] some kind of national park.”
Check out Lesley’s tips for traveling with a baby below.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.