August 05, 2021 • bachelor insider
20 Questions with Brendan Scanzano: Get to Know the Bachelor Nation Star a Bit Better!
Although Brendan Scanzano made it far in the competition for Katie Thurston’s final rose on “The Bachelorette” Season 17, he remained a mystery to many viewers.
The handsome contestant made a recent appearance on the “Talking It Out” podcast, where he opened up to co-hosts Mike Johnson and Bryan Abasolo about his mixed race and nontraditional upbringing in Toronto — all of which took place long before he pursued love on reality TV.
While fans learned more about Brendan, there is still so much more to know about the franchise star.
Here, he opens up exclusively to BachelorNation.com, answering 20 rapid-fire questions.
Get to know Brendan a bit better below!
1. What is a taboo topic you love talking about? Sports.
2. What celebrity couple is your definition of #relationshipgoals? Justin and Hailey Bieber.
3. What is your zodiac sign and how do you embody it? I’m a Scorpio and my most Scorpio trait would be that I’m mysterious.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? Dishes in the sink.
5. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Make an espresso.
6. What would you want your last meal on earth to be? A full rack of ribs.
7. What is the one movie you’ve rewatched the most? “Casino.”
8. What is the one song that always gets you pumped up? “Digital Dash” by Future and Drake.
9. What is your hidden talent? Shotgunning a beer in two seconds.
10. Who inspires you the most? My dad.
11. Who is the most famous person who has slid into your DMs or followed you on social media? I messaged David Spade and he responded!
12. What is the last thing you Googled? Puppies for sale.
13. What was your favorite part of being on “The Bachelorette”? Meeting an incredible woman, learning about myself, and making lifelong friendships.
14. What did being on “The Bachelorette” teach you? How to love strangers, how to listen, and think before you speak.
15. Who is your Bachelor Nation crush? Ed Waisbrot.
16. What advice would you give future “Bachelorette” contestants? Be yourself, be kind, and leave your ego at the door.
17. If you could only hang out with three people from Bachelor Nation for the rest of your life, who would you choose? Blake Moynes, Ed Waisbrot, and Jay Smith.
18. If you go on “The Bachelorette,” what should you definitely pack? Suits and lip balm.
19. What is something you still have from your time on “The Bachelorette”? My bash ball outfit.
20. Where do you see yourself in five years? Full-time firefighter and in a relationship.